July 24, 1899
St. Francis de Sales, “Rock Castle” Virginia
Nine sisters arrive at St. Francis de Sales to open a boarding school on the James River in Virginia for young women. It is separated by a creek from Belmead where Louise and Edward Morrell built St. Emma, a school for Black youth.
1850 - 1890 View
1910 - 1960 View
1960 - 2000 View