St. Catherine Building, 1663 Bristol Pike, Bensalem, PA 19020
The Archives are open by appointment only. Monday through Friday. Some fees are charged in the reproduction of documents.
To make an appointment, please call 215-244-9900 x 352
Stephanie Morris, Ph.D., C.A., Director, Archives
Phone: 215-244-9900 ext 352 Fax: 215-244-8174
Across from the main entrance to the St. Katharine Drexel Mission Center is a building called “St. Catherine Hall”. In 1927 this building was named in honor of St. Katharine’s patron saint, St. Catherine of Siena. The building once housed the classrooms and library where the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament prepared to go out and teach in the many SBS schools. On the second floor, in the former library, are housed the Archives of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament.
Archives are non-current records of enduring value. They are letters, reports, photographs, sculpture, religious habits and symbols and other formats. Archival materials need special storage conditions to preserve the fragile documents. Filtered lighting, cleanliness, and consistent temperature and humidity are among the key requirements for paper preservation. The SBS archives include:
- History of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, SBS schools and ministries
- Correspondence from/to clergy, men and women religious and laity all over the world, talking about the needs and the progress of their missions, especially those among the African-Americans and Native Americans of the Unites States
- Photographs of St. Katharine Drexel and of her family
- Photographs of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament
- Photographs of the Mission of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament
Some of the photographs have been reproduced in the website and in the displays in the crypt and Mission Center. Researchers have used documents and photographs for history day presentations, undergraduate, graduate, and other publications. All St. Katharine Drexel Photographs are copyright protected. Permission must be obtained from the Archives for any reproductions. Ordinarily a fee is charged for the use of a photograph. Photos taken by SBS are also copyrighted and need permission to reproduce.
MISSION LXXX 2 : Giving life to the Pope’s hopes for our Church!
*During World Meeting of Families, Pope Francis let us with a number of challenges
*Keeping in mind the poor, volunteers — senior adults — stuff and sdistribute 30 large boxes with the makings of family Thanksgiving meals
* Pastor and teens aided by a few adults prepare and serve a meal once a month at a Drop-In Shelter for the homeless
*Navajo Reservation teens taking responsible roles in their parish encourages the older members
* An 86-year-old woman continues to serve as Social Minister in her inner city parish
DownloadTotal Downloads: 357